Hixson Seminar

This page is meant for my blogging about my University Studies 311 Class at Iowa State

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Communication...

We have all encountered different times where communication has failed. It is important for us to be aware of those times so that we can change how we go about things in the future. I thought it was very beneficial in class when we discussed all of the different ways our communication has failed us. It was entertaining as well as helpful!

I think activities like the go around and question of the day are very helpful. I think that it has helped our group really get to know each other and to open up and feel as though we can tell even some things that may be embarrassing. This week I plan on working on being an effective communicator by being more aware of what people ask of me, and in turn be more aware of what I should do to be a more effective communicator to others!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the go around also. I feel it gives everyone a chance to tells us a little about themselves. Also we find out stuff that we probably would have never known. It also makes us more comfortable and relaxed around each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoy go arounds. Because the questions are so diverse it really gives everyone the chance to learn something about everyone that normally wouldn't come up in conversation.

    The first time I was asked when communication has failed me I had no idea what to say. I thought that I was a pretty good communicator but as I thought about it I discovered that I had some things to work on. This is important to us as peer mentors to discover now so we don't have problems this fall.

    ReplyDelete