I think that this is important to relate to my peer mentoring because I think it would be beneficial for all students to attend something like this, to bring up the issues we are all encountering and seeing them in a different light. We listened to him make light of real issues, but at the same time it brought things in to perspective.... I learned that all of our actions mean something and we need to be aware of the attitude we are giving to others!
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Diversity Event!
Soo this Thursday I attended the comedian Reese Waters at the M-shop. All I can say is that these comedians had no problem speaking their minds! They covered topics from sexuality, race and diversity in every different angle... Reese related his jokes to our campus and how we don't have a ton of diversity, however, in our eyes we do. Reese was from New York though so to him this was insane! I really enjoyed the event, it was entertaining and eye opening at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a great comedian! I enjoy the ones who can bring up serious topics and make them funny. As for our attitudes, I think it was Heath who said that we choose our attitude the minute we wake up everyday. We just have to make sure we choose the right one!
ReplyDeleteThanks for telling about the part were Chelsee, Amber, Anthony and I were there too...geez. But I agree with you, he spoke his mind and made me think about some of the issues we have in society today. Even though he was making jokes about these things, he got you thinking.
ReplyDeleteSee ya Wednesday!