After these first couple weeks I have only continually grown more excited to be a peer mentor. I think that we have a great group, and throughout all the sessions last week I feel like we are really beginning our training to be prepared for the next class or Hixsons! I think that throughout class and the first couple chapters the things that have stuck out to me the most would be helping my students make the transition to college, and becoming aware of what these students will expect of me. I think that last weeks class was extremely important to discuss situations of what sorts of issues the students will have and how we will respond. I want to be prepared for the students and to know that I am approachable.
I have really enjoyed the set up of our class. I love the way that it is an open discussion, and that people feel comfortable to say what they need to. I think that Heath and Alli do a great job of incorporating all the students and has only led to more in depth discussions involving all of us. I am anxious for the retreat tomorrow and truly have enjoyed being around everyone the last couple weeks!
Hope everyone had a great weekend, and will see you all tomorrow!
Jennnnnnnnnnaa!
Jenna- I'm so appreciative of your enthusiasm and willingness to participate openly. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas throughout the semester.
ReplyDelete